Monday, October 23, 2006

The Accüsed - Splatter Rock

(Nastymix Records, 1992)
The first thing that sticks out on this is that there's something wrong with the vocals on about half the album. I mean, there's always been something wrong with the vocals, but this time, they're wrong in a bad way. Like it's this high-pitched squeal that reminds me of Starscream or something. Man, I don't like that, either. At the point where I'm totally not liking this album, "Greenwood House of Medicine" comes on, and is like two minutes of just a drumbeat, some squeaky crap, and a bunch of samples, and I am starting to reeeeally not like this. "She's Back" has a pretty cool riff, and the cover of "Green Eyed Lady" is fun, but yeah, overall, I could do without this one.

Track Listing:

1. Two Hours Till Sunrise
2. Stick in a Hole
3. No Choice
4. Lettin' Go
5. Blind Hate / Blind Rage
6. Greenwood House of Medicine / Don't You Have a Woman
7. She's Back
8. Tearin' Me Apart
9. Green Eyed Lady
10. Brutality and Corruption
11. Living, Dying, Living in a Zombie World

No comments: